Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know what site my child will attend?
Children attend the elementary school in their attendance area or you may choose to have your child attend the UW-Whitewater Children's Center.

When is 4-K registration?
For the 2015-2016 school year it will be on March 9 from 1:00 - 5:00 at the Central Office.

How do I register my child for 4-K?
You can stop by the Central Office, or one of the elementary schools and pick up a registration packet. Or, you can download the forms from this website. Once you have the forms completed, you can turn them in to the elementary school and remember to bring your child's birth certificate.

How do I get a copy of my child's birth certificate? 
 IF YOUR CHILD WAS BORN IN WALWORTH COUNTY you may obtain a certified copy of the birth certificate by contacting the Register of Deeds Office at the Walworth County Courthouse (741-4233). Their hours are 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday. They will ask you to fill out a simple request form and prove your identity (driver’s license with correct address). The cost is $20 for the first copy and $3 for each additional copy. Payment can be in the form of a check or cash. Usually this can be accomplished in one visit.

IF YOUR CHILD WAS BORN IN A COUNTY OTHER THAN WALWORTH BUT STILL IN THE STATE OF WISCONSIN you must contact the Register of Deeds for that county and follow a similar procedure. Walworth County Register of Deeds will be able to assist you by providing numbers and addresses for the other county offices. The fees are the same statewide but the method of payment may be different.

IF YOUR CHILD WAS BORN IN ANOTHER STATE contact the county in which your child was born for details.

By what date does my child need to turn 4 years old in order to attend 4-K?
Your child needs to be 4 years old on or before September 1 of that school year to attend 4-K.

Is busing provided for 4-K?
Busing is available for Washington, LINCS, and Lakeview 4-K sites.

If you need your child picked up or dropped off at any location other than your home address, you will need to fill out the alternate pick-up or drop-off form and turn it in to the Central Office. These forms can be found under the registration forms.

Does my child need to have a physical prior to the start of school?
Only if attending the UW-Whitewater Children's Center site.

What forms need to be turned in for my child to be registered?
The School District requires the student enrollment form, immunization form, health and developmental history, and need to see the child's birth certificate. Additional forms may be required by each site. If any of these forms are missing it may put your child on a waiting list.

How many hours a day is the program?
Washington, LINCS and Lakeview programs are 2 1/2 hours a day and meets every day the Whitewater school district is in session.
If interested in the UW-Children's Center please contact them for additional information.

If we live outside the Whitewater School District area, can our child still attend 4-K?
Yes, if your resident school district has a 4-K program. You need to go through the open enrollment process which is open from February 2 - April 30,